“CFI's Food Safety Consortium seeks to bring together individuals and organizations interested in achieving our mission of advancing food safety systems that protect public health by preventing foodborne illness. Membership provides a unique opportunity to help ensure that our academic efforts have maximum impact on food safety.”
Dr. Barbara Kowalcyk
Annual membership to support, engage, and contribute to research & prevention -
Annual Membership Provides the Opportunity to:
• engage with scientists and experts to address food safety challenges;
• participate in leveraged, academic research and special projects;
• shape undergraduate and graduate students for future careers in food safety;
• support undergraduate students through practicum design and other research project activities;
• host focused “future employee” recruitment events;
• grow the skills of members’ workforce through select CFI continuing education courses.
How it Works
Consortium membership is a one-year term with the opportunity to renew. New and renewed research & special projects begin and end at the date indicated on the membership agreement. Research & special project scoping, goals, and outcomes are developed in conjunction with members. Updates are provided to members on a quarterly basis. Project outcomes will be presented at end of term meeting. Members support and engage in the annual research & special projects agenda at the kick-off meeting.
Other Ways to Support CFI
Supporting CFI’s great work can also be accomplished through OSU CFI’s website “Give Now” anytime. Donations provide long-term sustainability to CFI’s work which is vital to the prevention of foodborne disease around the world.