Our mission is to advance food safety systems that protect public health by preventing foodborne illness.
Our vision is a food system that consistently delivers safe, affordable, and nutritious food.
Create and Discover Knowledge through Research and Innovation
- Contribute to body of knowledge about food safety and foodborne illness
- Advance innovative, science-based solutions to food safety challenges
Translate and Exchange Knowledge through Outreach and Advocacy
- Translate knowledge into evidence-based food safety policies and practices
- Collaborate with stakeholders to promote systems-based approaches to food safety
Prepare Leaders and Engaged Citizens through Teaching and Learning
- Engage stakeholders in identifying and solving important food safety problems
- Deliver high-impact educational programs that meet the needs of the food safety workforce
Ensure Our Future Success through Responsible Stewardship
- Effectively utilize our resources to improve food safety on behalf of the public
- Develop and implement strategies that ensure the sustainability of CFI’s work