Keep Foods at a Safe TemperatureBack
Click the pictures below to follow along!
- Check the temperature in the refrigerator with a thermometer to be sure that it is cold enough to keep food safe.
- Keep the refrigerator cold to keep food safe.
- Foods cool better in the refrigerator if the container is not too deep.
- Thaw foods in the refrigerator, microwave or under cold running water. Put thawing meat or chicken in a dish to keep juices from leaking on the food below.
- Keep hot food hot enough to kill germs.
- Use an insulated bag or add an ice pack to lunch boxes or food carriers to keep the food cold and safe.
- Keep food out of the refrigerator no more than 2 hours to keep germs from growing.